From acute illness or injury to preventive health, we have a staff of expert clinicians to meet your medical needs in a supportive and confidential environment. See below for a comprehensive Summary of Services.
Students are seen on an appointment basis similar to any medical office. We recommend that students call as early in the day as possible for a same-day appointment for an acute medical issue. Appointments are very limited on a walk-in basis. If a student walks in without a scheduled appointment, the student will be triaged and given the next appropriate appointment time. Emergencies are seen immediately and/or referred to the Carlisle Regional Medical Center. Students may also be referred to the Holy Spirit Hospital - Carlisle Center for urgent medical issues, if deemed necessary by the Health Services staff. Transportation is provided by a medical transport van during regular office hours free of charge or by ambulance, if medically necessary. During the hours that Health Services is closed, transportation will be provided by calling the Department of Public Safety at 717-245- 1349 for urgent medical care or 717-245-1111 for a true life-threatening emergency.
Summary of Services
* Evaluation and treatment of illness and injuries
* Full-time nurse practitioner staff
* Part-time physician coverage on campus, full-time physician coverage by phone
* Referrals to outside medical facilities or specialists
* Sexual Health Services
* Certified Medical Laboratory
* Prescription medications, in-house (limited)
* Allergy injections
* Health education and information
* Self Care Center for colds
* Equipment lending
* Blood pressure screening
* Health Education materials (videos, pamphlets)
* Physical exams
* Immunizations and Injections
Sexual Health Services
* Diagnosis and treatment of sexual health concerns
* Routine male sexual health exams and female gynecological exams
* Routine laboratory testing includes routine STI testing (chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV) and pap smears
* Diagnostic laboratory testing includes HPV, herpes, and urine pregnancy tests
* Individual consultation, health education and prescription of birth control methods
* Free female and male condoms
* HPV vaccine for females and males
Birth Control Pills
* Birth Control Pills are available, at discounted rates
• An appointment with the nurse practitioner is required
• If we do not carry your brand, the nurse practitioner will write a prescription to take to a pharmacy
Most frequently asked questions about birth control pills.
* Emergency contraception ( ECP or the morning after pill) is available on-site
• An appointment with the nurse practitioner is required in order for ECP to be dispensed
• It is important to take the ECP within the first 72 hours for optimal effectiveness
• ECP is now available without a prescription, if over the age of 17, at local pharmacies
(The cost of ECP is higher at pharmacies than our office, but is the only option when we are closed)
For more information about other birth control methods, learn about all contraceptive options.
Sexual Assault Resources
For information about the campus victim advocacy services and sexual assault resources, please link to Sexual Assault Resources .
Services not covered by Student Fees
* Emergency Department visits.
* Appointments with local physicians, dentists, consultants, or specialists.
* Prescription medications.
* Laboratory tests.
* X-rays, diagnostic procedures and medical and surgical supplies.