FOR CURRENT STUDENTS, THE HOUSING ACCOMMODATION REQUEST DEADLINE FOR THE 2013-14 SCHOOL YEAR WAS MARCH 29, 2013.
This deadline was established to enable the College sufficient time to review requests that specific housing-related needs for students with disabilities can be considered before the complex housing assignment process for all Dickinson students begins. If you wish to seek accommodations for housing in subsequent semesters, we urge you to submit your request and supporting documentation in advance of the posted deadlines. Requests for housing made this semester will not carry over automatically.
Requests for Housing Accommodation Based on a Medical, Physical, Psychological, or Other Disability-Related Need
Requests for housing accommodations must be supported by documentation meeting the college's guidelines for documenting a disability. Please refer to theDisability Accommodation Request Procedures for College Housing for specific guidelines on making a housing accommodation request and submitting appropriate documentation.
Students seeking a housing accommodation will need to submit the appropriate documentation to the Director of Learning Skills and Disability Services. Documentation must include:
- Log into Gateway and complete the Disclosure and Accommodation Request Form (if your particular disability is not listed, check "other" and specify)
- Disability Accommodation Request for College Housing - completed by the student
- Disability Documentation Form for College Housing - completed by the student's health care provider and sent directly to Marni Jones via email, fax, or mail
- Documentation of the disability
Documentation and requests should be submitted to Marni Jones, Director of Learning Skills and Disability Services by any one of the following means:
Mail: Disability Services, Academic Advising, Dickinson College
Biddle House, P.O. Box 1773
Carlisle, PA 17013
Housing Accommodation Request Deadlines:
- For current Dickinson students, the submission and review period for housing accommodation requests for the 2013-2014 school year is March 11-29, 2013. After this time (which allows for documentation review and communications with care providers), the housing lottery will take place, so it is critical that requests for accommodations take place before the March 29th deadline.
- For incoming Dickinson students, the submission and review period for housing accommodation requests for the 2013-14 school year is May 13-June 3, 2013. After this time, general housing assignments will be made, so it is critical that requests for accommodations be made by the June 3rd deadline.
For complete information regarding making a housing accommodation request, see the Disability Accommodations for Housing Procedures, Guidelines, and Deadlines