The Office of Campus Life assists students’ leadership development in a variety of ways. Students have access to many leadership opportunities on campus. In addition, the Office of Campus Life facilitates a series of programs and workshops to help students develop their leadership skills. Dickinson focuses on developing students' capacity as leaders and valuing students as integral members of the community. We value student ownership of events and programs, while at the same time providing necessary professional support.
2013 Leadership Recognition Ceremony
We are now accepting applications for the 2012-2013 leadership awards! Please click here for more information.
One of our signature programs is the LeaderShape Institute. The LeaderShape Institute is an intensive, energizing, and unique six-day educational experience designed to develop young adults to lead with integrity. The LeaderShape Institute utilizes highly interactive program methods rather than classroom lectures. Everyone is a teacher and everyone is a learner.
Apply for the LeaderShape Institute between September 17 and October 10. The session runs from January 13, 2013 - January 18, 2013. APPLICATIONS ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME!
Spring 2013 Leadership Series
- Be Well: Finding Balance as a Student Leader: Tuesday, February 19, noon-1pm, HUB Social Hall West
- TBD: Tuesday, March 19, noon-1pm
- TBD: Thursday, April 18, noon-1pm
- TBD: Thursday, April 15, noon-1pm
Fall 2012 Leadership Series
- Developing Strong Communication & Running Effective Meetings: Friday, September 21, 1pm-2pm, HUB Social Hall West
- Understanding the Basics of Social Justice: Friday, October 5, 1pm-2pm, HUB Social Hall West
- Conflict Management: Friday, October 26, 1pm-2pm, HUB Social Hall West
- Diversity in Leadership: Friday, November 16, 1pm-2pm, HUB Social Hall West