2014 Orientation Leader Application
Dickinson College maintains a rich tradition of both Fall and Spring Orientations that welcome new students to campus. The Orientation Planning Committee works throughout the Fall and Spring Semesters to prepare for the incoming class's Orientation. A group of 8 students are selected annually to be a part of this prestigious group. Individuals help to conceptualize, organize, and execute Orientation and associated programming. The group is advised byAnnie Kondas, Assistant Director of Campus Life
To be considered as a candidate for the Orientation Planning Committee, a student must present the following qualifications:
- Understand, appreciate and be able to articulate the mission and goals of Dickinson College.
- Be able to demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic regard for Dickinson and campus life -- both in academic and extracurricular involvement and performance.
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student.
- Must be a community member in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Demonstrated leadership ability through previous employment and campus involvement, or high school leadership for first-year students.
- Must be available to participate fully in all scheduled Orientation Training Modules/Pre Orientation Programming (Wednesday August 13, 2014 –Tuesday August 29, 2014) and New Student Orientation (WednesdayAugust 20, 2014 – August 24, 2014).
- Must be on campus during Fall 2014.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in all training sessions, office hours, and weekly meetings.
- Recruit, review applications, participate in interviews, and select Orientation Assistants.
- Supervise and mentor a staff of 5-7 Orientation Assistants.
- Develop and run Orientation Assistant training.
- Assist marketing and the implementation of Extended Orientation events.
- Represent Dickinson College in a positive and professional manner.
- Encourage the development of school spirit.
- Help to form and implement new Pre Orientation Programming
- Roles and Responsibilities are tentative and may be changed due to evolution of program.
To start a new application click here
Orientation Leader Applications are Due to the Student Life Suite (lower-level of the HUB) by November 15th, 2014