New Student Orientation
Dickinson's Orientation program, which will run from Aug. 22-26, is designed to facilitate a successful integration into new and unfamiliar academic and residential setting. Specifically, the Orientation program will:
- connect you with your faculty advisor
- introduce you to habits for succeeding academically and socially
- introduce you to fellow students in ways that will help you establish mature and supportive social networks
- familiarize you with the rights and responsibilities associated with being a student at Dickinson as well as the academic and social behaviors appropriate for success in an academic community
- help you become familiar with the campus and the people, programs and services available
- create meaningful opportunities for you to learn from the academic and social experiences of upper-level students
- demonstrate the college's connection to downtown Carlisle and the cultural and recreational offerings that will enhance your Dickinson experience
- integrate you into Dickinson's history and tradition
- allow you the time and opportunity to explore and settle into your new environment.
Schedule of Events
A full schedule of Orientation events will be made avalible in mid-July. For your planning purposes please review the below abbreviated schedule for the first day of Orienation.
Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2012
8 -11 a.m. Check-in for First Year Students
11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Family and Parent Orientation
5 p.m. Family Departure
Your Orientation Assistant
Going away to college is a big transition, and the Orientation program at Dickinson College is designed to make that transition easier. More than 50 current students will welcome new students to campus and will work hard throughout Orientation to make sure it is a memorable week and a great introduction to life at Dickinson. Your Orientation Assistant will reach out to you during the summer to start connecting you to other first-year students, as well as answer any questions prior to your arrival on campus.