Dickinson has joined with other top liberal-arts colleges to offer AlcoholEdu for College as the foundation of our alcohol education efforts. AlcoholEdu is an online, nonopinionated educational program that uses science-based research to educate students about alcohol and its effects. Whether you drink or not, AlcoholEdu for College will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers.
- Part 1 of the course takes approximately two hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This part ends after the Exam and Survey 2. You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. The deadline for finishing Part 1 is August 21, 2012.
- About 45 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an e-mail asking you to complete Part 2. The deadline to complete Part 2 is October 22, 2012.
It is important that you finish the course, as failure to do so can be considered a policy violation and will impact your ability to select housing for your sophomore year. Please make completing this requirement a priority!
Please note that the course includes three surveys that measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential. Campus administrators will only receive information about the student body as whole and will never see individual students’ exam answers or survey responses.
To begin AlcoholEdu for College:
- Sign in to the Dickinson Gateway.
- Click on the First Year Students tab and select the AlcoholEdu information channel
- On the registration page you will be asked several survey questions to complete the creation of your account. You will not need to create an additional username or password.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- To log back into your account, always access AlcoholEdu from the Dickinson Gateway.
For AlcoholEdu technical issues click on the Technical Help button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. Assistance is available 24/7.