Dickinson College Public Safety Officers (who are also sworn Pennsylvania police officers) may issue a Pennsylvania Summary Citation (at the officer's discretion), in addition to a college disciplinary referral, under the following guidelines.
When a Dickinson College student:
- knowingly makes a false statement, either orally or in writing, to any College official or agent;
- engages in behavior which may be threatening, violent or disorderly or when such behavior persists after reasonable warning or request to desist has been issued by a College official or agent;
- intentionally obstructs or fails to comply with the request of a College official engaged in the lawful performance of his/her duties;
- intentional or reckless interferes with normal College activities. Examples of such activities/functions include but are not limited to studying, teaching, public speaking, research, administration of the College, or emergency operations;
- is a habitual violator of College policy, local, state, or federal laws;
- or when a non-student is involved in an activity that may be a violation of local, state or federal law.