Volunteering With Dickinson
April 11, 2013
Volunteer Leadership Summit
“I’ve realized how much I love feeling like I’m still a part of Dickinson, feeling like there is a mutual investment between me and the school to continue bringing great students to campus and providing amazing opportunities once they get here. I know I’m part of something great.” —Emily Bailin ’07
Volunteers play a critical role in Dickinson’s success: It’s been estimated that we would need to double the size of our alumni, advancement and admissions staffs to replace the time that volunteers give to the college each year.
Volunteering with Dickinson gives you the chance to connect with prospective and current students, alumni, parents and friends and be part of this community—not just for four years—but for a lifetime.
And to help you get the most out of your volunteer experience, the Office of Alumni & Parent Engagement is hosting its first Volunteer Leadership Summit during the weekend of Aug. 2-4. The program includes:
- in-depth training and best practices from our staff and seasoned volunteers through engaging workshops
- valuable tools and tips for your Dickinson volunteer work and other volunteer work
- a chance to expand your Dickinson network by reconnecting with classmates and meeting other Dickinson volunteers and senior leaders, including President Nancy Roseman
- the opportunity to learn about additional ways you can volunteer for Dickinson
- the presentation of our volunteer awards during our special awards dinner.
Whether you are a current volunteer or just thinking about volunteering for Dickinson, this weekend will offer you the opportunity to see how you can help advance Dickinson across the country and around the globe. —Laura Wills, manager of volunteer operations
Learn more at my.dickinson.edu/volunteer or contact Laura Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org.