How to Get Involved
Students are the Core to Sustainability Initiatives at Dickinson College
A good place to start is the Center for Sustainability Education (CSE). CSE works with many different offices, academic departments and student groups to create learning opportunities that build knowledge and skills for creating a sustainable and just world. We also employ students as Sustainability Interns to coordinate the Eco-Reps program, manage The Handlebar, run the Biodiesel Shop, organize energy conservation competitions, promote waste reduction, publish Sustainability News and work on other sustainability projects. Stop by for a visit, send us an email, give us a call, or check out our website to learn more.
Location: 190 Kaufman Hall, near the entrance to Public Safety
Here are some other things you can do to get involved in Sustainability @ Dickinson:
• Check out other student sustainability organizations on campus.
• Attend an event or volunteer for the Dickinson College Organic Farm or the Alliance for Aquatic Resource Monitoring (ALLARM).
• Talk to the Eco-Rep for your residence hall. Look for signs near the entrance to your hall to find out who is your Eco-Rep.
• Subscribe to Sustainability News to keep up on the latest activities and events by sending an email to Sustainability@dickinson.edu.
• Talk to your academic adviser and other members of the faculty. Ask them for advice about courses to take and ideas for research projects.
• Visit The Handlebar Bike Shop and talk with our knowledgeable volunteers.
• Attend an Idea Fund meeting
• Subscribe to "The E" Environmental Newspaper