Annual Photo Contest
The Center for Global Study and Engagement sponsors an annual photo contest for returned study abroad students and international students to submit photos of their experiences of either being abroad or in the United States. Submissions are usually due in early October (please see entry form below for current due date). All photos will be on display in the HUB Social Hall towards the end of the semester. Finalist photos will be voted on and a winner will be announced later that day at an awards reception. More information about this event will be forthcoming through e-mail and campus advertisements.
Please note that the number of photos you can submit in total for each program you participated on is 4.
Download Submission Entry Form
PHOTO CONTEST GUIDELINES
Photo submissions should fit within one of the following categories:
• Culture/Local Life and People
• Landscape & Architecture
• Share Your Story - new!
• Dickinsonians Engaging the Host Culture/Region (Please note that this should be constructive engagement, not necessarily at touristy landmarks, etc. This type of photo could potentially be posted in the HUB or used in Dickinson publications.)
Entry Rules & Guidelines:
1. For Study Abroad students: All entries must be original photographs taken by the entrant while on a Study Abroad program. You may submit photos taken outside your study abroad location, such as photos you took while traveling during your program.
For International Students: All entries must be original photographs taken by the entrant while studying in the United States. Please note that photos do not have to be specifically of the Carlisle area, but can be of any place in the U.S.
Also, if you studied abroad while at Dickinson, you may submit entries for that as well. Please see guidelines below.
2. Students may submit up to 4 pictures for each program you participated in. The photos can belong to any of the categories. You may submit more photos if you have participated in multiple programs.
3. All entries must be accompanied by the Photo Contest entry form. Please label the photo files in the following format: LOCATION - Last name, Number that corresponds with the form. E.g.: BEIJING - Smith, 4
4. Entries will be judged by a panel of college administrators/faculty as well as students. Judges will be looking for creativity, expression, composition and the overall appearance. Prizes will be awarded.
5. All work will be displayed and winners will be announced at the Photo Contest Event in January in the HUB Social Hall. The exact time of the display and awards reception will be announced later in the semester.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com