How do I figure out if the Dickinson Semester in Washington is right for me?
How do I start the application process?
- Attend a TWC information session, usually held early each semester.
- Attend a Global Ed Study Abroad Fair, usually at the beginning and middle of each semester.
- Review the program on the Dickinson Semester-in-Washington web site .
- Review the web site for The Washington Center.
- Touch base with a Dickinson student who has already completed the Dickinson Semester-in-Washington program.
How does financial aid work with TWC?
- Pick up and look through a TWC information/application packet (available from Global Ed in the Stern Center).
- Discuss the application process with Kristine Barrick in Global Ed. 245-1341. email@example.com
- Meet with your major adviser to discuss your plans.
- Touch base with the Dickinson faculty member who is serving at the TWC liaison if you or your adviser have any questions.
What are the fees for attending TWC in the summer?
- In general, financial aid awards follow you to Washington, so whatever you pay to attend a semester at Dickinson, you will pay the same amount to participate in the Dickinson Semester-in-Washington program. The only difference is board: Since you are on you own for food (you will be living in fully furnished apartments), you will not be charged for board while on the program
- If you have any questions about your financial aid situation, especially re: the summer program, contact Dickinson's Office of Financial Aid. (717) 245-1308. firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to live in TWC housing?
- The fee for attending the TWC summer session through Dickinson is in the range of $14,000. This fee includes housing in DC and tuition for the 3 Dickinson credits that will be earned for the 10-week term.
- Just as with the regular TWC semester programs, you are on your own for food (all the apartments do come with fully furnished kitchens).
What are the application deadlines?
- Living in TWC housing is required and part of the Dickinson Semester-in-Washington experience.
- Exceptions to the rule are occasionally granted, on a case by-case basis, given extenuating circumstances.
- Dickinson study-abroad deadlines (below) usually occur before TWC deadlines. Some TWC deadlines occur before Dickinson deadlines (e.g., deadlines for internship sites and programs that require security clearances to be completed; see the TWC site for more information). In all cases, use the deadlines that come first.
- Dickinson deadlines for off-campus study are as follows:
Spring: September 15 Summer: February 1 Fall: February 15