External Funding for Dickinson Faculty Research and Curricular Initiatives
The Corporate, Foundation and Government Support Office secures funding from corporate sources, foundations, and government agencies to support institutional priorities. CF&GS also functions as a Sponsored Research Office. We assist faculty in the acquisition of external funding for research, sabbaticals and curriculum development. We serve as liaison between faculty and numerous governmental funding entities such as the National Science Foundation (NSF), the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), and the U.S. Department of Education's various programs, including the Fund for the Improvement of Post-Secondary Education (FIPSE).
How We Can Help:
►Navigating the proposal process and complying with institutional requirements
►Developing proposal concepts ►Searching for funding resources
►Organizing & preparing proposal drafts ►Preparing Budgets
►Editing and proofreading ►Copying and distributing proposals
►Accessing on-line submittal services ►Preparing routine and final reports
For essential information, please visit the CF&GS Website and *save*! the following URL:
What you will find there:
• The Latest Grant Opportunities for Faculty – updated regularly
• On-Line Searchable Grant Opportunities Databases – for which D’son is a subscriber
• Grant Guide for Dickinson Faculty – including Dickinson college proposal submission procedures
• How to Find External Funding for your Project – government grant programs and agencies, foundation programs, individual fellowship programs, post-docs, sabbatical funds, and more.
• Designing Your Project and Preparing Your Proposal – guides and hints
• Basic Info and Dickinson Documents On-line – including current cost rate information, downloadable clearance forms, and more.
• Glen Peterman, Director of Sponsored Projects and Research Compliance, firstname.lastname@example.org; Ext. 1165; FAX (717) 254-8023
• Cheryl Kremer, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, email@example.com; Ext. 1098; FAX (717) 254-8023
• Ben Sweger, Associate Director of Sponsored Projects, firstname.lastname@example.org; Ext. 8911; FAX (717) 254-8023
For Information on Securing Internal Funding for your Project
see the College’s Research and Development (R&D) Committee Website: