Tickets & Upcoming Performances
See a Show: View upcoming performance dates & times in our Season at a Glance calendar
Order Tickets Online: Find out how to order tickets online through Vendini.
Mathers Theatre (Holland Union Building, Main Level)
Location: Mather's Theatre is located in the HUB, at the corner of High and College Streets.
Parking: Nearby parking lots include Louther Street (immediately behind the HUB and ATS Auditorium), the Kauffman Hall lot (corner of Louther and Cherry Streets), and the Kline Center/Depot lot on Cherry Street (between High and Cherry Street).
- Capacity: 225 Seats
- Stage: Home to the Mermaid Players for over 30 years, Mathers Theatre is a 225 seat proscenium stage with a trapped apron and stage access from the auditorium by means of stairs and runways on each side of the house. Adjustable proscenium (24'-40' width, 13'-25' height); Conventional counterweight rigging system (35 pipe battens on 6" centers)
- Lighting: Distributed lighting positions in dimmer per circuit configuration. 119 dimmable load lighting circuits controlled by ETC 'Expression' memory console.
- Sound Production & Playback: Conventional stereo sources or 8-channel surround system (Mac OS, ProTools & Tascam).
- The sound and lighting control deck is located at the rear of the auditorium. Scene shops, dressing rooms, production offices, properties and equipment storage and the green room/players lounge are all located beyond the stage left wings.
Accessibility: The entire Holland Union Building is wheelchair accessible, and Mather's Theatre has a fully accessible wheelchair viewing section. Patrons wishing to reserve seats in this area should inform the Box Office Staff when reserving or purchasing tickets. You may also call (717)245-1239 for assistance.
The Cubiculo (40 W. High Street, Carlisle PA)
Cubiculo 'Black-Box' Stage
Location: Our black-box theatre, known to students as "The Cube", is located on High Street between Hanover and Pitt Streets, above the Carlisle Theatre. The Cubiculo is just two blocks from campus in downtown Carlisle, PA. The entrance is immediately to the right of the Carlisle Theatre's main entrance.
Parking: There is street parking in all directions of the Theatre, as well as a municipal lot immediately behind the Theatre (enter is on Pomfret Street). In addition, there is parking in the Pomfret Street Parking Ramp, located on Pomfret near High Street, only a block and a half from the Cubiculo.
Fun fact! The word Cubiculo, from the Latin 'cubiculum'
(meaning small room), is purported to have been a tavern in the
neighborhood of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and is referenced in his
comedy Twelfth Night, act III scene ii.
- This facility is a flexible studio theatre space used for acting classes and smaller-scaled theatrical productions.
- Features: The theatre is fully equipped with lighting and sound equipment, dressing rooms, and other support space.
- Seating: Its moveable seating has been arranged to accommodate arena, thrust, modified thrust, alley, and traditional proscenium-type stage arrangements.
- Dance Studio: Adjacent to the theatre space is a second dance studio, which is used for a variety of theatrical and choreographic rehearsals
- Conference Room: The Cubiculo also features a spacious conference room, which is used as a classroom and a reserve rehearsal room when multiple productions are in rehearsal.
Accessibility: The Cubiculo is on the second floor for the Carlisle Theatre, and is accessible by the wheelchair lift. Patrons wishing to employ this service are advised to call the Theatre & Dance department at Dickinson in advance at (717)245-1239, so that we may provide the most effective assistance possible.
Montgomery House (Between Mathers Theatre & ATS)
Montgomery House Design Lab
Offices for the Department of Theatre & Dance are located in Montgomery House, between the Mathers Theatre and the Anita Tuvin Schlecter auditorium (ATS).First Floor:
The main level includes a common reception area and offices of faculty members and the academic department coordinator. Also on the first floor is a conference and reading room with a well-stocked "browsing library" housing hundreds of production performance videos.Second Floor:
The second level of Montgomery is home to our spacious costume facility which can accommodate large group crew calls, featuring upgraded workstations and on-site costume storage space. This is also where you'll find our design lab, where group design work and classes on stage, costumes, lighting and sound design take place. The lab is equipped with a workstation for eight-channel digital audio, computer graphics, and computer assisted design. A new lighting system was just installed, and is used in lighting technique instruction as well as for supporting light design components of other courses in the design and technical theatre curriculum.Lower Level:
Montgomery houses a specialized shop for properties fabrication, as well as secure storage for specialized or properties and materials.
"The Site" (25 High Street, Carlisle PA)
Dickinson's new state-of-the-art studio.
The first things you'll notice on entering The Site are the mammoth historical photos on the studio walls. But don't be fooled: These depictions of bygone Carlisle are the only antiquated items in sight. Located on Dickinson Avenue in back of 25-27 W. High Street, Dickinson’s new, state-of-the-art dance studio/living space boasts a spacious, sprung-floor practice space and performing-arts residence in the heart of the downtown district. And there's a whiff of innovation in the air.
Read the News & Events Feature, "The Site: A Place to Dream"