ΠΣΑ Honors Society
Pi Sigma Alpha is a national honor society, designed to recognize outstanding academic achievement among undergraduate political science majors. The Dickinson College Rho Kappa Chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha was formed in 1989.
The criteria for membership for the Dickinson chapter are as follows:
1. Junior or senior status with a declared major in political science and five completed Political Science courses.
2. A GPA of at least 3.6 in political science courses.
3. A GPA of at least 3.4 in courses taken for the BA degree.
4. Rank in top third of one’s class.
5. A desire to participate in departmental activities and an ongoing interest in the study of politics.
Each year, in the spring semester, a letter of invitation is sent to political science majors who meet the above criteria.