A remarkable number of admitted students and their families participated in the Presidents Day Preview visit program
by Lauren Davidson
February 18, 2013
Upcoming Visit Opportunities
- Thursday, Feb. 28 – Enrolled Student Preview Day
- Monday, April 1, 2013 – Discover Dickinson
- Wednesdays, April 3, 10 and 17 – Decision Dickinson: Made-to-Order Programs
- Saturday, April 13 – Decision Dickinson: Accepted Student Preview Day
Learn about all of our campus-visit opportunities, including daily tours, information sessions and day visits, and schedule your visit online.
This morning saw a record-breaking 430 people (150 families) on campus for the Presidents Day Preview program specifically for students admitted through the Early Action program. This is an exciting opportunity for students to meet other accepted students and spend the day immersed in the Dickinson community.
The day kicked off with a community breakfast, which was moved to the Dining Hall due to the number of attendees. Rousing remarks by President William G. Durden ’71 highlighted Dickinson’s “activist form of liberal-arts education” that truly prepares students to enter the 21st-century global workforce. Vice President for Enrollment, Marketing & Communications and Dean of Admissions Stephanie Balmer touted our unprecedented facilities-enhancement projects and other plans for the future of the college.
Other events on the agenda included a student question-and-answer panel, specialized campus tours and open houses at the Keck Archaeology Lab, the Milton B. Asbell Center for Jewish Life, the Center for Global Study and Engagement, the Center for Sustainability Education and The Trout Gallery and more. Families also visited the College Farm and ended the day with a closing session at the Office of Admissions. In the afternoon, high-school juniors and their families arrived on campus for a Discover Dickinson program.
Throughout the day, admissions staff members, current students and visiting accepted students connected with each other and shared the excitement on Twitter using #Dickinson2017 and #DecisionDson. Here are a few sample tweets:
- @DickinsonAdmit: “These four years are really here to expand your mind. The professors @DickinsonCol are Phenomenal!” Holly Kelly ’15 #DecisionDson
- @Jdreaming: So excited to see admitted students day from the other side. Welcome #dickinson2017!
- @GeorgieLous: @DickinsonAdmit, Welcome to Carlisle, everyone! #Dickinson2017
- @taylorHUNKins: @DickinsonAdmit Have fun everyone! Wish I could be there!
Check out some photos below from the day and follow all the activity on Twitter. Admitted students can post their own images from campus visits using #Dickinson2017.
- Tour Guides Ready
- Greeting Students
- Tour Group on Britton
- Chatting With Family
- LEED-Gold Althouse
- Pausing on Academic Quad
- Student Panel
- Mingling in ATS
- President's Perspective
- Outside ATS
- Welcome to Dickinson